The following meals are provided at Osborne House Community Nursery.
- Breakfast - choice of, hoops/cornflakes/weetabix/baby porridge with full fat milk & water to drink
- Snack a.m. - Fruit and Salad Vegetables & drinks (Milk or Water)
- Lunch - Home Cooked Dinners with a Pudding/Drinks (Water)
- Snack p.m. - Fruit and Salad Vegetables & drinks (Milk or Water)
Menus are located on the walls in each room within the Nursery for your convenience. A vegetarian option is also listed.
Please note that for children who receive Free Early Learning entitlement (FEL) only, the cost of the lunches and snacks are not covered in the funding and invoices will be issued to you to cover these costs. Packed lunches brought in from home can be provided if you do not wish for your child to have a Nursery cooked lunch.
For young babies who are still weaning, we are happy to blend our cooked dinners to enable these children to eat our meals, if however you would rather provide an alternative, we are happy to either heat or re-heat foods within Nursery, such as homemade meals or jars/packets.
The following meal times are also included in the Nursery routine at Osborne House Community Nursery, however we require you to provide these:
- Cold Tea - See recommendations below which meet our Healthy Eating Policy.
Recommendations for contents of packed lunches/tea
- Sandwich/pitta/tortilla (meat, cheese, tuna)
- Pasta/rice/cous cous/salad
- Cheese chunks
- Bread sticks
- Fresh fruit or salad vegetables
- Yogurt/fromage frais/jelly/rice pudding
- Dried fruit
- Drinks (Fruit juice)
The only exception to this is for young babies that have not reached the appropriate stage of weaning to eat these types of foods. In these cases we require you to provide ‘baby food’, whether in jars/packet or homemade, which can be heated or re-heated within nursery.